Our Christian vision, inspired by the Gospel of John is:
We do our best in all we do, with God’s love.
‘Love one another. As I have loved you, so must you love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples.’ John 13:34-35
As a Church of England School, this Christian vision is at the heart of all we do. Jesus taught us to value all children and adults in our community as individuals, setting and achieving high standards, driven by purposeful, exciting learning.
Everyone in our school is loved and nurtured by our team of dedicated staff. We believe that inclusivity, tolerance and respect are cornerstones of the Christian faith. Our ethos and practice is rooted in the teachings of Jesus, therefore all are warmly welcomed at West Dean, regardless of their own faith.
As well as a daily act of collective worship, Religious Education is a core aspect of our curriculum and incorporates a percentage of teaching and learning about Christianity, balanced with the study of other World Faiths. To inform the structure of our RE curriculum, we use Understanding Christianity and The Emmanuel Project.
Included on this page for further reading are:
- The Church of England Schools Religious Education Statement of Entitlement
- The West Sussex Agreed Syllabus for Religious Education
- (Coming soon) Our own religious Education Policy
- (Coming soon) Understanding Christianity and The Emmanuel Project curriculum overview
- (Coming soon) West Dean Collective Worship statement